In the meantime, here's what's new followed by some of my other thoughts...
Fixes & Updates:
- Created a TreeView instead of ListView.
- This allows collapsible\expandable groups, just as in Communicator. I think this is a better approach than having an option to display certain groups.
- Smaller UI details.
- Fix UI for 120 DPI
- Allow filter of Offline & Away users. Will redisplay users when they are available again or will hide users if they are away or offline. Dependant on the you setting the filter.
- Will display groups that contain a “~”
Limitations due to API
- The API doesn’t give me access to Access Level or Distributions List.
- The API doesn’t give me access to the Recent or Other Contacts Groups.
- The Show\Hide button doesn’t always respond.
- “Out of Office” is being considered as Away instead of Offline.
- Graceful error handling, IE if Communicator isn’t signed in.
Install Instructions (Uninstall Previous Version1.)
- Extract it the zip to some where besides the desktop. I’m using ClickOnce for installation, so the install should go somewhere you want it to reside.
- Close Outlook
- Run the setup.exe as Administrator. It will require .NET 3.5 & VSTO 3.0 Runtime. The installer will help you out there.
- During installation it will say it’s not from a Trusted Publisher as I do not have a certificate for this installation. Click Ok.
- Open Outlook